Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 2: September 12, 2010


“You get world peace through inner peace. If you’ve got a world of people who have inner peace, then you have a peaceful world.”

This morning was another spastic morning. I woke up at 5:30 to get water and my mom was sitting in the main room eating an apple. I’m not even going to explain to you what happened because it’s so stupid but it was a strange time to have a fight with my mom. I got back into bed and slept for what I thought would be another couple hours. The sun came up and I thought it must be around 9 or 10 since Chris had planned on waking us up at 11, turns out that we all slept until 1 and that was the time that we were suppose to leave for our cousins house to have dinner. We moved quick and headed out of the door by 1:20, only being 15 minutes. We had a great dinner at the Martin’s (as we usually do, Anne is use to cooking for my 9 cousins). After dinner, I took Meghan on the usual Shannon walk, and we had the most disgusting outfits on… Skinny jeans and sneakers. Every time I looked down I felt like a grandma… it was way unattractive and I’m sure that neither of us will do that again – especially if we are planning on meeting our future husbands. After our walk, my mom came back and then Chris left for his. We made a choice to go see Bridie and Eddy, and Chris came back just in time before we all got a little impatient. So off to the Leavy’s we went and luckily we got to see my cousin Deirdre (one of the original 5 girls that use to play when we were small) before she went back to Galway for the week of study! We had tea (what do you expect… we are in Ireland) and a nice sandwich, followed by our second slice of apple tart. We stayed and chatted for a while, and got to catch up with my cousin Eamonn who had just come back from a triathlon on Ackle Island. We all got hit with the tired stick again (surprise, surprise our body clocks are all sorts of messed up) so we headed back home. It’s a rainy night in Fermoyle but that’s okay because we need our rest for tomorrow – we are headed to Maynooth to scope out what we will call home for the next few months! I can’t wait and again, it is really nice to have fun company in our presence. All is looking up from here – just like the song “ain’t no stoppin’ me now”. Until tomorrow with more stories from across the pond. X

No comments:

Post a Comment